In this edition of NOOZ:
1. November 4 VTC
2. Summer VTC Videos
3. 2017 Annual Meeting
4. Reports – 2017 Q4
1. VIRTUAL TECHNOLOGY CONFERENCE – NOVEMBER 4. APCUG’s FREE 2017 Fall VTC will be held on Saturday, November 4, from 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm Eastern Time. Enjoy learning about new technology from the comfort of your home!
To register for the VTC, please click on the below link:
The presentations include:
- Staying Safe Online, Preventing Ransomware, and ID Theft, Bob Gostischa, Avast Evangelist
- The Importance of Having a VPN, Joe Melfi, Strategic Technical Marketing Engineer for Cloud, IoT, Networking, Home Automation, and Semiconductor solutions
- iOS 11 Tips & Tricks, Jere Minich, APCUG Rep Region 5; Program Chair, Lake-Sumter Computer Society
- Hands-on LibreOffice Demo, John Kennedy, APCUG Rep for Regions 3 & 6; Webmaster, Lead Teacher, East Central Ohio Technology Users Club
- Google Photos, Ron Brown, Program Chair, Silvercom Computer and Technology Club
- Voice Operated Assistants, Greg Skalka, President, Under the Computer Hood User Group
You will find presentation details and bios at www.apcug2.org
2. SUMMER 2017 VTC VIDEOS. You will find the YouTube videos at:
- Chromebooks Are for Seniors, Ron Brown – https://youtu.be/4uszFPNL-SU
- Finding Tech Information on Medium.com, Kathy Jacobs – https://youtu.be/A2DPVlMyz-E
- GNSS (Global Navigation Satellite System), Bill Hobbs – https://youtu.be/NVwXG1vbHak
- Home Automation Security, Bill James – https://youtu.be/EMeb8eqOukY
- Ideas for Revitalizing Your Tech Club, Judy Taylour – https://youtu.be/UM9xq3ebye0
- Pi-hole, a LAN-wide ad blocker that runs on a Raspberry-pi, Don Arrowsmith – https://youtu.be/nQjj2BaBKE8
You might want to use one of the videos for a presentation at your meeting or ask one of the presenters to give your group an interactive webinar – just fill out the Speakers Bureau request at: http://apcug2.org/speakers- bureau/
3. 2017 ANNUAL MEETING. The annual meeting will begin at 4:15 pm Eastern time on November 4. It will be held in conjunction with the VTC. Representatives from all APCUG member groups are invited and urged to attend. Various Committee reports concerning your group will be presented for your benefit. Official business such as the election of 2018 officers will be conducted at this meeting.
To attend the annual meeting, please click on the below URL to participate via Zoom. If you have not used Zoom, please go to www.zoom.us/download to download the app for the device you will be using.
This will be a Zoom meeting and not a webinar. Attendees will be able to speak and see all attendees. We ask you to mute your microphone until you are ready to speak. When you do speak, please identify yourself by name and user group name.
- Call to order
- Approval of the 2016 annual meeting minutes held on October 23, 2016
- President’s Report – David Williams
- Treasurer’s Report – Ray Baxter
- Committee Reports
- Election of 2018 Officers; bios in Q4 2017 Reports sent to all officers listed in the UGLS
- General discussion
- Meeting adjournment
The Annual Meeting link is https://zoom.us/j/824157991
4. APCUG REPORTS, Q4 2017. You will find a copy of the Q4 issue at: http://apcug2.org/reports/ .